Move It Festival
The Townsville Hospital Foundation Move It Festival is Townsville's newest Fun Run/Walk event held on the picturesque banks of the Ross River at the Riverway Precinct. Choose your distance from 1km, 5km or 10km and register to help support a local 100% charity making a difference for healthcare in North Queensland. Asides from the running there will be a number of local sporting clubs and active lifestyle providers to keep you moving throughout the year.
6:00am Event Precinct Opens / Pack Collection
6:45am 10km Run Marshalling
7:00am 10km Run Start
7:15am 5km Run / Walk Marshalling
7:30am 5km Run Start
7:35am 5km Walk Start
8:45am 1km Run Marshalling
9:00am 1km Kid’s Run Start
11:00am Event Concludes
- 10km Loop (Anti-Clockwise) from Riverway Stadium across Vickers Bridge following the paths / roads along Douglas to the Nathan St Bridge then back along the river through Cranbrook to Riverway.
5km Run / Walk
- 5km Loop (Anti Clockwise) from Riverway Stadium to Vickers Bridge, along the banks of Douglas to Federation bridge and finishing back at the stadium.
- 1km Loop around the Riverway Precinct.
Packs will be available for collection on the Friday and Saturday before the event as well as from 6am on the Event Day. You will be sent an email stating the Dates, Times and Location of Registration Pack Collections.
- Parking is available at the Riverway Precinct and Willows Shopping Centre.
- Upon arrival please ensure you become familiar with the start and finish areas for the race you are registered for.
- Registration Packs will be available for collection from 6am on Race Day.
- Race Bibs must be attached to your clothing with the Participant Number clearly showing.
- All bags must be checked into the Bag Drop prior to your event. Do not leave them unattended.
What To Bring
- Registration Pack including your Shirt and Race Bib.
- Water bottle and other refreshments (Water tanks will be available to refill bottles)
- Sun Protection - Hat, Sunglasses, Sunscreen
- Money - Food and Entertainment will be available on the day
- Medications - Puffers, Tablets (Only if they may be required during or after participating)